Last week was our first week of many with Sky gone Monday through Friday. And... it felt long. Surprise, surprise. I just have to make sure that I get out each day for something, otherwise I'll start throwing myself a grand pity party. And I'm so over pity parties.
So let's review last week. Yeehaw!
Monday we spent the evening with Jill and her boys. Her husband travels too. Jill and I have recently been mistaken for sisters, which is funny because I think the only thing we really have in common is the same hair length. I should point out that it's been all men who've commented, which makes me want to make some joke about how men aren't very observant, but I will refrain. Well, sort of. Anyway, Jill is great except that whenever we hangout, which is a lot, I never leave on time, or even close to it, because we just have so much to talk about! You have those kinds of friends too, yeah? I hope so. Everyone should have those kinds of friends.
Tuesday I have no idea what I did. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY MEMORY?? Oh wait!! My friend Cyrena (who is another one of those kinds of friends) and her boys came over for the morning!
Wednesday was ward playgroup. I like playgroup. I also happen to be in charge of it, so I really have to go or else people will probably judge me.
Thursday we went strawberry picking! Except we almost didn't make it because there was construction going on, and my GPS refused to figure out a new route so I just kept driving around and around in circles and ending up in the same stupid spot on Montgomery Road and I was so close to cursing (I don't curse, ever. Did you know that? Except one time when I was 8 or so and was walking to church with Erin and I was trying to come up with all the things that rhymed with 'witchy' and it really didn't take long before 'bitchy' came out of my mouth. Erin gasped and I felt awful. Whoops.) But once I gave up on getting to the strawberry patch and told Cyrena to pick without me, I somehow found my way. A true Christmas miracle. Jude mostly just stomped on all the strawberry plants and I honestly didn't work very hard to stop him because I just wanted to pick my strawberries in peace and he was very happy stomping. Great parenting!
Friday was Kroger day. Jude is usually pretty terrible when we go grocery shopping. By the end of the trip he's usually standing up in his seat with his arms tightly around my neck and shoulders, yelling in Arabic-French because I didn't grab any string cheese or some other convenience snack food item. This configuration makes it very difficult to maneuver an overflowing cart. Just kidding, I never have an overflowing cart. I just wanted to say that. But it IS often heavy. Anyway, I'm not asking for pity and I'm also not asking for discipline ideas. I'm just telling you what we did on Friday morning.
And then SKYLER CAME HOME! We went swimming that night and on Saturday I taught my Bradley class, practiced the organ, and Skyler got Jude a toddler swing for the tree in the front yard. Sunday was Fast Sunday, except that I don't fast because I'm pregnant and nursing and I really can't go longer than 30 minutes without eating. And now it's Monday and Sky is gone again. Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment