This is the story of our wedding day. You should know right off that it was not the best day of my life. Here we go. Part one.
Let me back up to the night before. He dropped me off around 9 and my plan was to get to sleep by 10 or so. The whole sleeping thing was looking really promising until Erin came in wanting to give me the talk. Yeah, THE talk. And then all of a sudden everyone wanted to be in on it and all I wanted to do was be asleep. Then everyone got tired and left me wide awake. So I blogged. Then, like most girls the night before they get hitched, I tossed and turned and tossed and turned and tossed and turned.
Nate made me a crepe for breakfast. I had a hard time getting it down. It wasn't bad, but it was my wedding day. After breakfast I showered, then sat on a chair in my bathroom while Sally started on my hair. At the same time, in the same bathroom, Erin was bathing 1-year-old Finn and Maureen was doing her makeup. To say it was getting tight would be, well, accurate. But it gets better. 4-year-old Mimi walked in.
"ExcUUUUUUUUse me!" She squeezed past my chair then realized there wasn't anything over there except a toilet. "ExcUUUUUUUUse me!" She squeezed back. At this point, Maureen, Erin and Finn left the bathroom, leaving Sally, Mimi and me. Things get a little hazy for me here, but I do know that things (Mimi) just kept getting louder and louder and louder and louder until Sally butted in with, "Mimi, I think Katie would like a quiet wedding morning. Let's try to give her a nice, quiet wedding morning." She hmphed and left.
But not for long! She came back! And with a pot! To bang! (It was a pot, right Sally? I swear it was a pot.) As she banged her pot on the laundry hamper she had upturned, she shouted one of the most quoted lines in our house: "LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET YOUR QUIET WEDDING MORNING!" And she was right. At one point I was alone in the bathroom doing my makeup when I heard the door open. A small arm reached in, flicked off the light, then slammed the door closed. As I sat on my counter in the pitch black, I thought to myself, Is this real? I assure you that wasn't the last time that thought crossed my mind that day.
2 comments:
We just read that in the van with Papa Hutch and we are in stitches! Can't wait for part 2. I did not know this was going on!
Hahaha! I'm not sure about the pot, but she definitely had a hammer (of the toy variety), so a pot and a hammer makes for some great noise! Also, she came in after that and threw a doll at your head. Just in case you forgot...
Post a Comment