I got to talk to him again on Mother's Day, a couple of weeks before he was coming home. Home. For good. It was hard to comprehend. In all honesty, I wasn't sure what to expect.
Many people said it was smart to leave for study abroad right after he got home. Smart. "That way," they'd say, "you won't have to deal with his awkward transition back into normal life." Smart. Yes, yes. I had myself convinced it was smart, too.
He came home June 17, 2010. I spent the day with Natalia. She helped me pack for London. We washed my car. We updated my Facebook status. We picked out my outfit for that night.
Finally, around 9pm, he called me.
"Hello?"
"Kate?"
"Sky?"
"What are you doing?"
"Nothing. Want to come over?"
"Yes. I'll be over in ten."
1 comment:
Katie, the suspense is killing me!
Post a Comment