4.14.2013

Finally

I was sitting on the porch swing by the side of the house (yes, the same porch swing) when I heard his scooter turning on to the street. He pulled up and I got a good look at him before he realized I was there. A little less hair, a more defined jawline.  He started walking toward the front door, still not noticing me.

"Sky."

He turned, smiled, and wasted no time getting over to hug me. After who knows how long, he pulled away. "Let me look at you. You're beautiful." (My hair did look pretty amazing that night.)

He grabbed my hand and we went back to sit on the swing where I asked him about his day. It seemed so funny, to be sitting together after 2 years, chatting about the day as if he had never left. It all felt so normal in the most abnormal way possible. After some time, I suggested we head up to the canyon.

I really don't remember much of what we said to each other on the drive up, or even once we got there, just that we were both so, so happy.

We also took this picture.

On the drive back, I remember him taking my hand and inspecting it like it was worth a million bucks. 

"I've missed this."

"Me too."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh. my. romantic. I love this!