4.16.2013

The day I thought we'd break up

The day after the day he got home was not a good day. He and my brother went golfing all morning long. Remember how I was going on study abroad 3 days later? Yeah. So anyway, I was annoyed. Once they finally got home, I thought it would be a good idea to go shopping with Sky to get him some new clothes. He had exactly 2 outfits: one he wore the day before and one he was wearing that day. He did not want to go shopping. We went anyway. He was annoyed. We were off to a good start!

I remember watching him stand in the middle of racks of shirts, hands on his hips, looking miserable, and me thinking, Maybe this really won't work out. 

"Kate, I don't want to do this right now."

"But Sky, you need clothes!"

We had a few more tense minutes, but eventually things worked out. As in, we didn't break up, and we got him lots of new clothes.


Turns out that we still have bi-annual Skyler shopping trips. And every time he doesn't want to go. And every time we go anyway. And every time he gets annoyed. I'm not sure what I was worried about.

1 comment:

spencer said...

I remember this day. I think it was the first time I broke 50 on 9. It was also the closest I've ever come to beating Skyler at golf. Great day!