I got to talk to him on Mother's Day, a couple of weeks before his year mark. There was so much and so little to say, but it was so good. I remember driving by myself, shortly after, and saying out loud, "I'm going to marry Skyler Stice. I'm going to marry Skyler Stice!"
Then my sophomore year started. I had nearly lost my scholarship from my freshman year grades, so I snapped back into being an extra devoted student. My social life lacked, but I still dated a couple of guys that year. It was very interesting, their response to me ever mentioning Sky. They either blew it off or viewed it as a competition. The thing is, though, it was a totally rigged competition. Sky was by far the coolest guy I knew (not to mention, the best kisser).
There was just one small dent in my perfect plans. Sky was coming home the June after my sophomore year. I was going to go on study abroad during spring term so we would both get home at the exact same time. Well, of course it turned out that I had to take a class in Provo during spring term. So I did what any normal person would do: I applied to go on a study abroad that would leave 4 days AFTER he got home. Brilliant.
No comments:
Post a Comment