11.18.2009

Looking lovely

Today I had time to think. I don't come across that kind of thinking time often. Not saying that I don't think often. Because I do. I think way too much. Anyway, today I thought about Thanksgiving and how I don't like it. I don't like how it just fills time. I don't like how it stresses people out. I don't like that it is brown. I don't like cranberry sauce, yams, gravy, or stuffing. I don't like that I once ate Thanksgiving dinner at the Marriott hotel. I don't like being forced to write down things I'm grateful for. I don't like it. But maybe I'm just weird. Actually, I know I'm weird because my piano student wrote a song about it (accompaniment included) and shared it with me today. Here are the lyrics:

I'm a weirdo
You're a weirdo
I am weird
You are weird
I am a weirdo, weirdo
Everybody's a weeeeeeeeeeeirdo
Oh yeah.

And this is certainly not her finest work. Did I ever tell you about the other song she wrote? C Position? I don't think I did.

My name is C Position
Now it's time to run, run, run
To my factory-y-y
Where I work so peacefully

C Position is my name
C Position is my game.

She's only 7... and I'm grateful for her compositions.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

That is hilarious! And I hate Thanksgiving too. It is just in the way of Christmas and Christmas music. We should boycott.