1.01.2015

2014

I'm not going to sugarcoat anything: 2014 was the hardest year of my life. I realize that's not very impressive, as I've only had 24 years of life. Wait, am I 24? 25? I think I'm 24. Confirmed. 24.

So yeah, anyway, hardest year. Turns out that motherhood doesn't come naturally to everyone and it takes, like, at least 6 months to feel like yourself after having a baby and sometimes you have to see a sleep specialist just so you can relearn how to fall asleep in less than 3 hours at night. AND NOW YOU KNOW ALL OF MY PROBLEMS.

Well, past problems. Life is actually pretty great right now. I've read so many books this past year that sometimes I forget that I've read one and I'll get about 15 pages into what I think is a new book and think, "Wait, I think I've already read this." Do you do that, too? It's not the worst problem in the world, but it is a problem.

So now that I have you thinking that I hate being a mom, I will tell you how wrong you are. It took a few months for me to tame the anxiety that comes when you grow a mother heart, but now I'm good. I'm actually a pretty stellar mom.

Skyler still travels like 75% of the time, so that sucks, but we manage just fine. When my dad was growing up and didn't want to go to church, he was given two options: go to church happy or go to church sad. So that's my motto about hard life. I can either do it happy or do it crabby (which I choose more often than I'd like to admit), but either way I have to do it.

Glad I could end on such an awesomely cliche note.

No comments: