There were a number of things that dramatically increased my mood during those short hours before our reception. The first was food. For some reason it never occurred to us during the planning stages to set aside a time to eat lunch, dinner, or even a snack. BAD MOVE.
The second was a conversation with my dad. I don't know what it is, but dads, and only dads, often know the exact thing to say to take you from tears to a stable enough emotional state where you can effectively redo your makeup without crying it all off. That's important. Especially on your wedding day.
The third was that Snowmageddon still hadn't shown up. So that's always good.
And the last thing was that I remembered I was finally married! And to the most patient, kind and solid guy. He's pretty great.
I know what you're thinking: where was Sky during all of this? That is a good question. He was at home feeling terrible. Don't worry, I still feel awful about it.
About 45 minutes before our reception, he picked me back up and we drove over to BYU. We finally got to experience that giddy car ride together. You know, the "I can't believe we're married" car ride. Things were finally looking up, despite the fact that we were still fully expecting no one to actually show up to the reception because of the weather. Well, "weather."
The second was a conversation with my dad. I don't know what it is, but dads, and only dads, often know the exact thing to say to take you from tears to a stable enough emotional state where you can effectively redo your makeup without crying it all off. That's important. Especially on your wedding day.
The third was that Snowmageddon still hadn't shown up. So that's always good.
And the last thing was that I remembered I was finally married! And to the most patient, kind and solid guy. He's pretty great.
I know what you're thinking: where was Sky during all of this? That is a good question. He was at home feeling terrible. Don't worry, I still feel awful about it.
About 45 minutes before our reception, he picked me back up and we drove over to BYU. We finally got to experience that giddy car ride together. You know, the "I can't believe we're married" car ride. Things were finally looking up, despite the fact that we were still fully expecting no one to actually show up to the reception because of the weather. Well, "weather."
1 comment:
I remember talking to Colin about what to do that night. We decided no matter the weather, we wanted to make sure someone showed at your reception! So glad we didn't chicken out about "snowmageddon"
Post a Comment