8.30.2013

The Proposal

There was just one thing keeping us from being "official:" the ring. That dang ring! We sure do love it, but man was it a struggle getting it exactly how and when we wanted it. It finally came into his possession on Saturday, October 2nd. I knew this, because he told me. We were watching General Conference with his family and he had a Word document pulled up on his laptop. It's gorgeous, he typed. I knew this, too, because I had tried on the band just hours earlier. The plate of diamonds hadn't been attached yet, but it was enough to know that yes, it was going to be gorgeous.

I figured he wouldn't waste much time. He had work that afternoon, but we had plans to head up to the canyon that night. He came over and we were heading out to my car when he said he needed to grab something from his scooter. I WASN'T FOOLED FOR A SECOND! 


We took a couple of blankets to lay on (a foot in between us, of course). We chatted for a while before he sat up into a cross-legged position and pulled me up to join him. I honestly don't remember exactly what he said, but I do remember this: he said the nicest things that had ever been said to me, then asked me to marry him. I said yes. 


Here is a blurry picture that was taken that night:



And here's what I wrote about it almost 3(!!!) years ago.

No comments: