8.22.2013

Coming home

I did not want him picking me up from the airport. Why, you ask? Let me tell you. WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE AFTER TRAVELING FOR 24+ HOURS? That's why.

He picked me up anyway. I was not happy about it.

It was a surreal feeling, knowing that neither of us was going to leave again. It was hard to grasp. Hard, but exciting.

A week after I got home, we were at a family party. One of my cousins hugged me and practically shouted, "When are you getting hitched!" The topic hadn't been brought up. Later that night, when it was just the two of us, I asked if he heard her ask me that. He laughed and claimed he hadn't. We chatted about other things and I figured we were done with the M word for the night. A while later, we found ourselves sitting in silence.

"Kate? What are we waiting for?"






I couldn't think of a single thing.

1 comment:

Kimball and Ashley said...

I check for an update everyday! So glad you resumed your story.