It's hard for me to write about our courtship because there is just flat out too much to say. We dated for two years before he left for his mission. Two years! And it would also be super boring because we moved soooooooooo slow (we were babies) and sooooooooo not dramatic. Everything was very straight forward. I thought he was great and fun and cute so I wanted to spend all of my time with him. We didn't fight and we both liked Sudoku. We were incredibly compatible.
If there is one thing that I had a hard time getting used to, it was Skyler's thoughtfulness. I didn't exactly grow up in a very thoughtful family (I can't tell you how many times I wrote "EAT THIS AND YOU WILL DIE A PAINFUL DEATH" on Brick Oven leftovers and they still ended up gone the next day). I am absolutely including myself in that statement. We just kind of did our own thing and didn't worry/care how that might affect the next person. I imagine this is typical. So perfectly picked out gifts and kind notes and surprises from him really caught me off guard. No matter how hard I tried, I could never catch up. I made measly attempts, but being thoughtful came so unnaturally to me.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the best way I can describe our early dating experience is Skyler spoiling me like crazy and me slowly, slowly, slowly learning to become a kinder and more thoughtful person. Plus lots of Sudoku.
No comments:
Post a Comment