Last night we were all ready for bed by 10pm, which meant that I had exactly 55 minutes to spare before I had to be asleep. I'm kind of obsessive about getting exactly 8 hours of sleep each night. 7.75 hours? BAD DAY AHEAD. So anyway, I decided to watch a Halloween episode of Martha Stewart from 1999. She looked great! She had two gay guys as guests that were talking about proper pumpkin carving techniques. After, I realized I have been making my pumpkin carving complicated SINCE 1999! Did you know that you shouldn't open up your pumpkin from the top? You should do it from the bottom. Dur!
I feel like pumpkin carving is one of those annual traditions that sounds fun in your head (also: Easter egg dyeing, nativity scene reenactments). Then your knife can't cut through and your arms are covered in innards and your pattern just will. not. work. And then you remember that pumpkin carving is not actually fun.
But alas, a year will pass and you'll have forgotten and you'll get swept up in the pumpkin craze and your brother will send you ridiculously intricate patterns and you'll just know that this year is going to be your year. Because this year, you're going through the bottom.
1 comment:
I had that realization THIS YEAR. Pumpkin carving is not fun. Yet guess what we're doing this weekend? Pumpkin carving. You can't escape it. It must be done. Else its just not halloween. Sigh.
Post a Comment