We recently spent a week in Cancun with one of our favorite couples. We spent most of our time alternating between jumping through waves and playing board games on our bed with pina coladas in hand. We also shopped, snorkeled, , kayaked, cliff jumped, zip lined, sand castled, caught crabs, and held baby turtles. Cute! The only problem: we got burned. On the first day. Way to go us! And it was so bad that I cried twice. Once when the elevator doors shut on my lobster body (stupid Mexican elevators!) and later that night when it took me 5 hours to fall asleep. Crying in Cancun. Can you imagine? What a waste.
Now for pictures!
He's holding a crab.
A great time was had by all. Obviously.
On a traveler's note: this was our first experience at an all-inclusive. Although it was really nice to not have to budget for food or make decisions about where to eat, the food was definitely quantity over quality. At one point early on, he turned to me and said, "I think you throw away more food than you eat." Guilty. By the end of the week, though, I quit experimenting and stuck to meals consisting of french fries and ice cream (did I mention I took a week off of my treat free year?). Awesome for about 2 days. So here's my advice: if you're like me in the sense that the food you eat (or do not eat) affects your mood probably more than it should, I would be careful about all-inclusive deals.
No comments:
Post a Comment