10.18.2009

Crazy gentle

I love baths. Like LOVE. I love them in the early morning, late morning, early afternoon, late afternoon, early evening, late evening, night, and even in the middle of the night. In high school I would sacrifice my appearance just so I could get a bath in before school. So you can imagine how horrified I was when I walked into my bathroom at Southridge to find... no bathtub. I may or may not have had a heart attack.
Anyway, point is, when I go home on Sundays, I take a bath. And the next part of the story has nothing to do with my obsession with bathing. Ok. Except let me say this first: I have excellent hygiene. Ok.

Mums: How long has it been since you've showered?
Me: Um. A couple of days. Ish?
Mums: .....
Me: Mums, I have incredible hair. Really. It looks exactly the same after 3 days as it does right after the shower. Maybe even better. AND... I have this new and improved way of styling it. You see, I shower at night, go to sleep, wake up, and then go to school.
Mums: But you comb it right?
Me: Um, no?
Mums: But you comb it when you wake up, right?
Me: No.
Mums: But you comb it when you get out of the shower?
Me: No.
Mums: Hm.
Me: No, Mom, really. Trust me. It looks great. I get compliments on it all the time.

Yeah, it doesn't really look that great. At all. But the compliment thing really isn't a lie.

No comments: