General Conference was rather exciting this year. My brother and I still act like we're 8 and 11. Let me explain.
Experience #1: We were sitting on the couch when he thought it would be an appropriate time to poke me repeatedly in the side. I did not appreciate it.
"MOM!!!! Make Spencer stop poking me!"
"Stop poking your sister."
"He's not stopping!"
"Spencer, stop poking Katie."
He stopped.
Experience #2: We tend to get very distracted, very easily. Because of this, my mom encourages us to do "quiet activities" to keep us from doing, uh, less quiet activities. Today we took turns shaking cream in a jar to make butter (which is convenient since that is one thing I needed to do this month). It was like pioneer day in primary. It kept us quiet.
We also like naps. A lot. And after so many hours, those kind voices are just so soothing (oh, don't be a hypocrite, you know you sleep too!). My dad used to just say our names when he'd see our eyes closed. But this year he took a different approach. He would text us. Katie... are you listening carefully? Or Katie, did you hear that about keeping your house orderly? Did you make your bed this morning? I must've gotten at least 10 texts from him over the last 2 days.
My favorite though was after I had left the room for a little bit. When I came back in, I saw everyone looking rather restless and thought they needed a little entertainment. I whipped out a little dance number on the spot and then sat back down. A minute or two later I received a text from my dad: That dance was weird.
3 comments:
I love that everything mentioned was typical for the Hutchings household...
Um, your dad's last comment is my favorite. The love of nuestros padres.
I laughed for like ten minutes when I read this post. It seriously made my day!
Post a Comment