3.22.2009
Dinner at the Hutchings' household
My dad tends to say awkward things at awkward times. I remember once when I was around 14 and we had just blessed the food when my dad thought it was an appropriate time to lecture about boys' hormones. "When boys reach about the age of 12 or 13, they develop feelings..." Oh gosh, kill me now. Please, just let me eat my potatoes in peace. Tonight we had another experience. We were all seated when he comes and sits at the head of the table, takes a look around and goes, "Hm, what's wrong with this picture?" No one answers. "There are 4 college age kids here and not one of them has a partner of the opposite gender with them." Thank you for the observation Pops. Then my Grandma pipes up, "Looks like they're not doing what they're supposed to be doing!" Ah, I see where my dad gets it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This brings me so much happiness. Just know you are not alone Katie. You'll get this thoughtful love talk till you get a ring on that finga! Good luck!
Katie that's awesome! When my whole family get's together the conversations normally consist of my brother talking about the newest most disgusting murder, my father asking tons of detailed questions and my sister Shannon asking explaining all of the details decomposition and stuff. While they do this my other sister mother and I sit ignoring it and trying to eat our food. It normally ends in my mother threatening to send my 20 year old brother into the other room until he changes the subject.
The male hormone talks were meant for the girls. I got plenty. Katie, remember that especially embarrassing lecture on the way home from the airport...
Post a Comment