Game night at the Hutchings' house is not what I would necessarily call fun. We play speed scrabble, anagrams and boggle to prove our mastery of words. We play Sleuth to test our logic and reasoning. And we play Set to keep our minds actively searching for patterns. Hardly any talking is done. Most of our games are done in silence. Sometimes the only time we talk directly to each other is to demand that the other person get out the dictionary and look up a word. Fun? Not exactly. It's basically just a competition to prove which of us is the smartest.
We have no idea how to play "fun" games. We flat out suck at them. The rare times that we'll play Cranium, we cringe when we get "Creative Cat" and completely skip over the "Star Performer" cards because they show off who is most creative or funny. No good. Ye who is smartest wins. And that is that.
2 comments:
What, Katie doesn't know how to be fun? this doesn't make sense. I thought you were the one who always had the great ideas! I thought you were teaching me how to be fun?
Oh believe me, Katie knows how to play fun. I loved your johnny depp act out the other night. So glad you came.
Post a Comment