Utah! People working together
Utah! What a great place to be.
Blessed from Heaven above.
It's the land that we love.
This is the place!
I'm sure I sang that song over 50 times in Kindergarten. I grew to hate it. I think that is mostly because even at the age of 5, I didn't agree with it. It would be like singing a song that declared my love for cilantro. It just didn't feel right. I've just never really thought that Utah is The Place (for me, at least). Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed with my childhood in the least. But I have every intention of eventually moving somewhere with warmer weather, less sagebrush and more exciting things to do on a Friday night than go to a dollar movie.
Today, though, I'm in love. With Utah. The weather is incredible, the birds are chirping and the smell of spring is overpowering. For those of you who didn't grow up here, this may not seem that big of a deal. But does anyone recall the weather one year ago in good ol' Provo? Freezing. Death. And that might even be an understatement.
So please Utah, don't be playing a joke on us. Or I might have to go back to being a hater.
No comments:
Post a Comment