Cheesecake is not cake. Nope, it is not. It is pie. I know the name may be deceiving, but really, it is pie. I even have an official website to back me up. Answerbag.com states this: "Cheesecake is cheesecake (ah, thank you for the incredible description), but it is in the pie family--something with a crust and and then filled."
What is always visible at a pie party? Cheesecake. What is NEVER at a cake party? Cheesecake. What do you always make cheesecake in? A PIE pan. I'll be darned if I ever see a cheesecake in a cake pan. It simply is not cake. When someone hands you a cheesecake, you say, "Why thank you for this beautiful pie." No one ever goes, "Ah, thank you for this cake!" No. I call my friend up and say, "Guess what! I made a pie!" And they say, "Ooh, what kind?" And I say, "Cheesecake!" And they say, "Yum!" And that is absolutely normal. English is so stupid. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment