2.08.2009

No Chance

You could never fall asleep during mass. Stand up, sit down, kneel, sit down, stand up, sit down, come forward, sing this, sing that, sing this is English, sing that in Latin, wish peace upon your neighbors, get blessed. Yep, that was my Sabbath experience this morning. I went up to the Cathedral of the Madeleine. I enjoyed it. I was with 2 friends and we decided to go up and get blessed during communion (i'm not sure if I stated that correctly, but I don't care). Anyway, I knew that if you didn't want the sacrament, you just cross your arms over your chest and they'll bless you instead. Well, one of my friends was in front of me and she gets to the priest and next thing I know she has the cracker in her mouth! I guess she went blank and didn't know what to do when she got up there. I laughed. She might have to go confess to the bishop. Ba ha ha. But I got a nice blessing. Well, I couldn't exactly hear what he was saying when he put his hand on my head, but I'm sure it was rather nice. He probably blessed me to ace my midterms this week.

1 comment:

Kar said...

I love going to the Cathedral of the
Madeleine. It's a fun time. I don't go up for the sacrament though, I just sit in my pew and not sin. It works.