2.03.2009

At least it'll make a good story

As I have lived these past 18.75 years, I have had a lot of awkward, strange, and unexpected encounters. For probably 18 of those years, I despised those situations and could only think of getting out of them. But recently, I have come up with a new philosophy: embrace the awkward, the strange and the unexpected because once it's over, it'll make an excellent story! This has been a very successful way of thinking for me. It makes life rather fun. So when the random guy at 11:30pm at the creamery follows me through the aisles asking me if I'd like some of his oreos or when that communications major walks me all the way from the RB to the MARB without stopping talking, I do not cringe in disgust. Rather, I soak up the awkward and think about how hard I'll laugh when it's merely a memory. Try it out.

1 comment:

Lindsay Duerden said...

I think I have way too many of the moments. I love them, it makes me want to write millions of novels.
~Linds
P.S. Your blog is hilarious.