As I've been sitting here in my very spacious 10' x 12' dorm room, I have noticed a couple of things.
Thing #1: a can of "smart" pringles sitting on the desk. they supposedly have 30% less fat than regular pringles.
Thing #2: "light" cherry limeade (fewer calories than their regular fruit drinks)
I just don't understand. If I'm given an option between reduced calories and regular calories, you bet I'm going to buy the regular amount. You know what they really mean when they say reduced, smart or light? They mean that it's going to taste like cardboard. There's no way that there is a significant health difference between the two. If you want to eat healthier, buy yourself a bag of carrots and chomp on those. But if you're going to eat unhealthy, go all the way. Don't sacrifice taste for a few less calories. That's just ridiculous.
4 comments:
I'm offended Katie. Those were my food items. Don't you think that just because I'm out for the night that you can get all uppity.
Is this a cry for attention? Are you lonely in the 10'x12' tacky brick room?
Okay, okay, I'll cut you a deal. You eat a can of "smart" pringles so you can see that they don't taste like cardboard and I'll stop talking at you in my sleep.
Maybe.
Oh, Breanna, I knew I could write it because I knew you wouldn't really be offended! I make fun of you in person about those "smart" pringles. And yes, I'm very lonely in here. Oh, um, I heard Martha Stewart say that cinderblock is the new look.
Oh Katie, I'm not seriously offended. Sarcasm is very hard to convey properly at times. :)
But guess what.... I'm back!
You are so wise. I'm never buying "reduced fat" "smart" or "light" again. No way Jose.
Post a Comment