I'm not a crier. I've been told I have no heart. I've never cried in a movie. I went to my home ward over Christmas Break and was enjoying the Relief Society lesson when I noticed that everyone was bawling. I had absolutely no idea why. It was terribly awkward. But here is a list of times when I have cried:
*3 days before my first day of college. I woke up and half of my face was swollen.
*I was at home sick one time during elementary school and was watching the terrible TV show Maury. A father and daughter were reunited after 30 years. It was really touching.
*My senior year of high school. I had to apologize to my ballroom coach for being selfish. It went something like this: "I'm sorry for being selfish..." sniffle, sniffle, tear, tear.
*A week or two ago when I was moved up to a higher ballroom team. They weren't tears of happiness or sadness. I have absolutely no idea what emotion I was displaying.
*Valentine's day my junior year of high school. I had left a lot of stuff in the kitchen and my mom had strewn it all over the stairs so I would pick it up. I sat on the landing of the stairs (crying) and chucked every item at the closet door at the bottom of the stairs. It was sort of immature.
*In elementary school, my favorite parakeet died while we were on vacation. I insisted that my dad get the dead bird out of the garbage can and make a casket so that we could have a proper burial.
*To prove that I do indeed have a heart--I bawled when I said goodbye to my best friend for 2 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment