So, today I was talking and I realized that I have picked up a lot of terms and phrases from other people.
Incredible: I picked this up from my sister. It is most commonly used for things that aren't really that incredible, mostly just ridiculous. (Ex: I just did the most incredible thing. I ate a worm.)
Indeed: I picked this up from Sky. It sort of makes you seem like you're of a higher social class without being too snobby. (Ex: "I like your jacket." "Indeed."
I know, right?: This I picked up from my roommate, McKell. (Ex: "Cucumbers are delicious." "I know, right?")
Meh: This would come from Breanna. Just by a subtle change in tone, it can mean an entirely different thing. (Ex #1 "Do you want to come do service with me?" "Meh." Ex #2 "Can I kiss you?" no response. "Meh?! Meh?!" Ex #3 milk spills everywhere on floor "MEEEEEEHHHHH!"
Adios it/that: I don't use this as much as I should, but it comes from Vanessa. She simply points at a piece of trash and says, "Adios that." It magically is removed from her sight.
Buttnugget: I haven't used this for years, but it came from my brilliant cousin Andie. While most kids used "butthead" to describe an idiot, we used buttnugget. It works great. Gets the point across nicely. (Ex. "He's such a buttnugget." Or directly at someone: "You buttnugget.")
Desist: I picked this up from Brittany. She is usually telling me to quit doing something embarassing or socially unacceptable. It works best if it comes out sort of snarly. Hahaha. (Ex. Katie is singing at the top of her lungs in the middle of the grocery store. "Desist!")
No comments:
Post a Comment