3.04.2013

Mission Call

6 months later, he received his mission call. It was not something we liked talking about. Time was flying, with him finishing up his freshman year at BYU, and me finishing up my senior year. I felt like I was in a daze, not able to connect with anyone, really. I overheard my sister telling my mom, "She's just trying to make things a little easier for herself when he leaves. Just prepping herself, becoming less dependent. It's probably a smart move." Is that what I'm doing, I thought, prepping myself? 

Before I knew it, I was graduating and he was leaving in a week. We sat on his back porch and I could sense the distance I'd put between us. He was heartbroken. "I thought we were done," he told me. I shook my head and spent the next 6 days trying to make up for it.


No comments: