For our posterity's sake, we've decided to write our story. Which most likely means that I'll write our story. Sorry if this offends you or makes you want to gag.
2004. I was a freshman, he was a sophomore. I kept hearing his name all over the place (from girls. Yes, he was that boy). I finally caught a glimpse of him at a football game. To be 100% honest, I wasn't quite sure what all the fuss was about. Well, fast forward a year and I started to get it. I made friends with his friends and began hanging out with them. We went to a haunted house (he put his hand on my back - yeehaw!), played sports, and watched movies. But don't worry, during this whole time he was very devoted to a long-time crush, which eventually led me to "get over" him.
Near the end of my sophomore year, his junior year, I was part of a program called Dancing with the Athletes. This had the same basic premise as Dancing with the Stars, only with high school athletes instead of celebrities and much worse dancing. So it was bound to be awesome. At first I wasn't interested in being a part of it, but at the last minute I asked Skyler, who played #1 in tennis, if he would be my partner. I was shocked when he agreed.
Over the next few weeks we spent a lot of time together practicing. I'm not sure what happened during that time, but I guess you could say he started to like me? He sort of outed himself the night of the performance (over texting, of course) which was both surprising and flattering. And good timing, because I was turning 16(!!!) the following month.
1 comment:
Sooo, I just read through all of your Sky and you story posts. Kind of really cute. That's all.
P.S. Don't get a cat.
Post a Comment