I already feel wiser.
3.19.2011
And wiser too
I go through spurts of being a devoted NPR listener. Sometimes I would just rather listen to some good ol' Kate Nash or Temper Trap. But then I turn back to 90.1 and they're talking about culinary schools and how unprofitable their graduates are. And how future students will likely be unable to receive loans and grants because of it. And I'm horrified because what about when I go to culinary school? Because I am. I am going to culinary school. Not sure when, but I will. And not to be a professional chef. Just because I have wanted to for who knows how long. So that's concerning. And then they're talking about the first blood transfusions. On dogs. With duck quills. Through the femoral vein. And as I was donating blood yesterday and talking to the phlebotomist about transfusions I really wanted to tell her about the duck quills, but I resisted. Because I was already feeling rather light headed and I didn't want to have to ask for another Capri Sun. And then they have an author talking about her book about buying quality over quantity. Instead of buying a new $60 pair of boots every season, just buy a $350 pair of Italian leather boots that will last you 7 seasons. You'll spend less. And you'll look waaaaay better. But that's hard for me. I like deals. So I promise myself that I'll be better - about buying quality and about listening to NPR.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome thoughts! Duck quills? Wow. Thanks for sharing. Now I am wiser too.
Post a Comment