5.09.2010

About time

It is Mother's day. Surprise! Let the list begin:

*Mums is smart. Holy cow is she smart. I wrote a paper as a junior in high school about my biggest fear being that I won't be smart enough to be a mom. You know why I fear that? Because my mom has the answer to everything. She set a high standard.

*Mums is fun. She is the perfect Disneyland companion.

*Mums gave me my dance ability. Sorry Dad, but we all know it didn't come from you.

*Mums is an excellent pianist. We've been playing duets since I was 14 and hopefully that won't ever stop.

*Mums is an excellent cook. Never once did we eat Hamburger Helper (ick), tuna casserole (double ick), or anything else along those lines. AND... she makes me sugar-free treats. On Sundays.

*Mums is crazy weird.



*Mums is cool.

*Mums has allowed me to call her a variety of different names. Ex: Mafa, Mafia (this only lasted a couple of days...), Maf, Ma, Mumsy, Mums, Moms, Mamasita. Oh yeah, and Mom.

*Mums has supported me 100% from the very beginning in doing a study abroad. It took a few months for another parental figure to warm up to the idea...



I love you, Mums. You're the bombiest.

Love,
Bums

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love your mom. She is great! There are a few questions I had about this post. First is, why did you ever think it would be a good idea to call your mother "mafia"? Second, when did you start using the word "bombiest"? Third, when did you start referring to yourself as "bums"?