I feel it appropriate to write about love on this particular date. Not because I'm in love. Or that I'm cynical because I'm not. Mostly just because it is February. So to celebrate, we'll spend the next few blog posts taking a trip into my past, present, and future love life. Buckle up, folks.
I don't usually tell people the story of my first kiss... simply because most people assume it was far more romantic and natural than it actually was. And I feel fine about them thinking that.
Date: Dec 23, 2006
Location: Porch swing
Well, it goes something like this: I can scrunch my lips in a way so that only my 2 front teeth are framed perfectly. It makes me look like a hamster. I was making this face on Dec 23.
Him: Kate, you should really stop making that face.
Me: What? Why would I stop making this face?
Him: You look like a hamster.
Me: I know.
Him: Stop making that face.
Me: Mmm... I'd rather not.
Him: Stop making that face.
Me: (rather annoying.... er, endearing) You can't stop the hamster! You can't stop the hamster!
Him: Stop making that face.
Me: (musically) You can't stop the hamster! You can't stop the hamster!
Needless to say, he stopped the hamster.
2 comments:
I love this post and this story! It is hilarious and possibly one of the best first kiss stories I have ever heard..."needless to say, he stopped the hamster!" ha ha brilliant!
wow Muffin...just wow. I'd find that story strange, except that I know you. Anything else just wouldn't have fit.
Post a Comment