2.01.2010

Naturally

THIS IS A WARNING: You may get offended by this post. Remember, you have been warned. Continuing.

My study abroad director emailed all of us future study-abroaders to inform us of a Scottish dinner taking place at BYU in the very near future. I'm sure he had intentions of making us jealous that he had already purchased his $25/plate ticket and we had not, but I'm going to say that someone couldn't pay me $25 to eat what's on the menu. Ahem.

The dinner features haggis, cod cobbler, skink soup, baron of beef, bashed neeps and tatties, shepherd’s pie, and toffee pudding with heavy cream.

I don't know about you, but I'm not putting anything near my mouth that sounds like a combination of skank, skunk and stink or that could easily be mispronounced nips and titties (but I guess that would be sort of redundant, huh?). That's all.

2 comments:

Bruiser said...

Wow...yeah, that's about all I can say.

Kaitlin said...

Katie, I completely support your decision to NOT go. Haggis is GROSS, as is everything else on that menu.