I hate when things touch. You know, like when your potatoes touch your salad. Or when an unwelcome foot intrudes upon your personal space. Gross. Anyway, I feel the same way about styles. You know, like writing styles, clothing styles, kissing styles. You just shouldn't mix those up. Almost a guaranteed disaster. Example: black pencil skirt with orange Crocs. You may be thinking to yourself, well what is the problem with that? And I would say, well, a more appropriate thing to pair with the skirt would be a hot pump and the more appropriate thing to pair with Crocs is, wait, you wear Crocs? Go jump in a lake. We all know how I feel about Crocs. Which reminds me... Ugg boot season is (unfortunately) back. I'm not sure it possible to find a more unattractive manner in which to cut off your leg line. Talk about ugly. UGGly.
Aaaaaaaanyway, you're probably wondering what sprung on all of these style mixing thoughts. I will tell you. Today I got blog jealous. And by that I mean I got writing jealous. I love when someone can write emotionally without getting emotional and personally without getting personal. My creative writing teacher my senior year once forced me to write an emotional piece. It killed me. You know why? Because it is a style I shouldn't touch. I'm just not fit for writing about nature or love or romance. But sometimes I wish I was. Yeah, sometimes.
1 comment:
I support you in your disdain for ugly UGG boots.
And I think I understand what you're trying to say. Mixing styles is kind of dangerous... there's a fine line between making something unexpected, wonderful, and interesting, and just mucking things up and coming off awkward. And that applies to clothes, writing, and kissing. Yes, I went there.
Post a Comment