Today is Papa Hutch's birthday. He doesn't really care what day it is and it makes no sense to me. But anyway, on to the list!
1. Padre is very passionate... about fly fishing. And he's very good at bribing me to go fishing with him (buying me strange fishing gear, buying me food, etc, etc)
2. He never yells. Ok, that's not quite true. He yelled once. My sister and I burst into laughter. It sounded so unnatural.
3. He's really mastered the art of lecturing. No, really, give him any subject and he can go on for quite a while.
4. He's very sensitive to people's feelings. And very observant. He can tell when you're not feeling too great about life.
5. He handles situations very professionally. He always stays calm when most people wouldn't (ex: when I spilled deep purple nail polish on his newly tiled bathroom floor. yeah....)
6. He loves to work. He gets things done.
7. He loves doing service. It used to drive me crazy because I was always somehow involved in these service plans of his.
8. He always lets my sister and me go Christmas shopping with him and pick out gifts for my mom. Trust me, she'd end up with some weird stuff if he went by himself. So, I guess by this I am complimenting his masculinity because he hates shopping and girly stuff. Uh, yeah!
9. He's very athletic. He ran track for BYU and still plays basketball with his colleagues/students.
10. He built our house as well as our previous house (located next door. Rad, I know)
There are plenty of other great things about Popsy, but this is where I'll end. Happy Birthday Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment