5.30.2009

LLL: Life Lessons Learned

Last night I learned a great lesson from my dear friend, Natalia. It is: use the element of surprise. Literally.
Here's the scoop: everything sounds better when you add "Surprise!" to the end of it. For example... say you just hit your neighbor's cat with your car and killed it. Well, you take the dead cat to their front door and say, "Sorry, your cat ran in front of my car... surprise!" With one simple word (combined with the right tone and appropriate hand gestures (preferably spirit fingers)), a disheartening situation has suddenly been made light. Perfect.
Ok, next example. Say that you need to break up with your significant other. "Um, I think we should break up. Surprise!"
Need to tell someone something mean? "You're very unattractive and I hate you. Surprise!"
Maybe you need to confess your love to someone? "I love you. Surprise!"

Or perhaps you're not very good with words. In that case, you could just leave the dead cat on your neighbor's porch with a post-it note that reads SURPRISE! It'd be just as effective.

1 comment:

Natalia said...

Katie, I'm so proud. Oh, I just got my haircut and the girl cut it too short also. Surprise!