4.06.2009

My latest fear...

... is that my children will be hideous. I'm not sure what provoked this fear. Maybe it's because of a dream I had the other night that I was pregnant with a Russian man's baby. He worked at Denny's. It was a lovely dream, as you can imagine. But anyway, ugly children. You know how sometimes two very attractive people get married and you're positive that they couldn't produce anything less than a flawless child? And then you see their production, and it looks like a demon alien? And then you see two unattractive people who get married and you think, oh, that's unfortunate, their children have no chance. And then bam, their child is gorgeous? It's really funny how that happens. But really, what if your child is ugly? You can't just be like, "Excuse my baby's appearance, apparently it got all the bad genes."
I guess you've just got to pray that they have a great sense of humor...

2 comments:

Lindsay Duerden said...

Katie, I totally have that fear too. I think i've had that fear ever I found out I could eventually have kids. But hey there is always cute hair and clothes until they're old enough for plastic surgery. Just kidding. But seriously I do want cute kids:)

Breanna said...

My sister used to make me and my mom promise to tell her if she had ugly kids.As your roommate, I am offering that same honor to you.

Katie Hutchings:

I, Breanna Taylor, promise to tell you if you have ugly kids, so that you, Katie Hutchings, can help them to compensate with good humor/personality and nice clothes. I will also back you up in blaming your husband for any unfortunate appearances your children may have.